EU Public Affairs internship
Deadline for Application: by 20 September 2018.
COGEN Europe is looking for an intern to join its team in Brussels and support with the following:
- Monitoring policy files (e.g. Renewable Energy, ETS, Energy Efficiency, Electricity Market Design, Energy Taxation, Ecodesign/Energy Labelling, etc.)
- Drafting reports, newsletters, speaking points, briefing notes and position papers
- Helping coordinate COGEN Europe’s Working Group activities
- Supporting the project team for projects managed by COGEN Europe (PACE)
- Contributing to the planning and organisation of external events (e.g. COGEN Europe Annual Conference, Workshops, etc.)
- Performing basic research and administrative tasks when required
Main skills and requirements requested:
- Study one of the following fields: environmental studies, political sciences, economics, law, European and/or international relations
- Excellent command of English, both orally and in writing. Good command of another EU language will be considered an asset
- General knowledge and interest in EU decision-making process, as well as in EU’s energy and climate policy
- Reporting, writing and presentation skills are an asset
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational team and to prioritise tasks
- Ability to handle stress, plan and meet deadlines
Terms and Conditions
- This is an unpaid internship. As compensation, you will be involved in all the core activities of the association and get a first-hand experience in EU Public Affairs in Brussels.
- This internship is for students only. Only candidates with a ‘convention de stage’ will be considered. Do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
- Start date: September 2017 on a full-time basis (5 days per week from 9.00 to 17.30)
- Length: 4 months
- Interviews will be held in our offices in Brussels.