COGEN Europe is involved in a wide range of functions such as:
- Representing the interests of COGEN Europe members and of the cogeneration sector on the whole vis-à-vis the EU Institutions and other important organisations and institutions.
- Organising the COGEN Europe Annual Conference, Europe’s largest cogeneration event in the annual calendar.
- Participation in European projects.
- Coordination of internal expert Working Groups.
- Production of COGEN Europe publications.
The COGEN Europe network covers the whole of the European Union, Central and Eastern Europe, and also includes Japan, Australia and the United States.
COGEN Europe’s status is that of a Belgian non-for-profit organisation (vzw).