What is COGEN Europe?
COGEN Europe is European Association for the Promotion of Cogeneration and it represents the cogeneration sector towards European Union’s institutions and other stakeholders.
COGEN Europe is a non-profit association registered in Belgium under company number 0861.467.787 and whose registered address is Avenue des Arts 3-4-5, 1210 Brussels (Belgium).
COGEN Europe’s EU Transparency Register Identification Number is: 38305846546-70.
What are my data privacy rights?
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in the section below, but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us using the details at the end of this document);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided at the end of this document and we will do our best to solve the problem for you.
Which personal data does COGEN Europe collect?
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact data (e-mail address, telephone number)
- First name and last name
- Geographic data (address, country, city, ZIP/postal code etc)
- Organisation and position
- Demographic data
- Photo and biography (i.e. if you are a speaker at one of our events)
- Attendance at our meetings or events, where applicable
- Curriculum Vitae (i.e. if you send us your candidature for one of our job vacancies)
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us using the contact details provided at the end of this document.
How does COGEN Europe collect personal data?
As a COGEN Europe’s Member or an external stakeholder, we may receive information about you:
- When you use our website,
- When you interact with us on social media,
- When you register for events,
- When you subscribe to receive updates on COGEN Europe,
- When you apply for a job at COGEN Europe.
Generally, we collect personal data directly from you, but we may sometimes obtain personal data from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you (i.e. directories or EU institutions websites).
Why does COGEN Europe collect personal data?
The information that you provide us with will be used for the purpose of contacting you, fulfilling your online requests or providing you with relevant and updated information about our organisation, its activities and positions.
In particular, COGEN Europe processes personal data for the following purposes:
- For membership management and general administration: COGEN Europe processes personal data of the contact persons of its members for the purpose of administering or informing its membership or for the governance of the association. COGEN Europe also processes the personal data of representatives and contact persons of entities with which COGEN Europe contracts, such as services providers or consultancies.
- For publication and advocacy purposes: COGEN Europe carries advocacy activities. The association therefore processes contact details of journalists, Members of European Parliament, officials from the European Commission and from EU Member States, academics, consultants and industry experts.
- For events organisation: COGEN Europe processes identification details of registered participants to events and conferences it organises for the purpose of managing the registration, invoicing and participation to such events.
- For information purposes: COGEN Europe processes identification data from individuals who register themselves on COGEN Europe’s website and give their express consent to receive newsletters or information from COGEN Europe.
How long does COGEN Europe keep personal data?
In principle the data we hold is not linked to a particular timescale and has therefore no expiry date. Your personal data will be kept as long as you are a designated person of your organisation in relation with COGEN Europe or its members and for the time that is strictly necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which they were collected.
Should you wish to withdraw your prior informed consent, consult, complete, rectify or remove any of the information that we hold about you or your organisation, please use the contact details provided at the end of this document.
Will COGEN Europe share my personal data?
As a non-profit organisation COGEN Europe does not share or sell any personal data to third parties for any commercial purposes.
Personal data may be shared with COGEN Europe Members for the same legitimate interest and purpose COGEN Europe uses them.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details using the contact details at the end of this page.